Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Technology: Two Clicks Is All It Took -- October 5, 2021

Technology: scary. How good it is.

I mentioned the other day that I traveled over the weekend. During that trip, I met a number of folks, of course, but I happened to meet a most interesting woman whose son was enrolled at a very, very prestigious school. We talked for several hours on Saturday and then again our paths crossed again -- completely unplanned -- and we talked again for another couple of hours. Her son stopped by briefly and the three of us enjoyed the conversation. I only knew her first name, Susan. I also knew her son's name. And that was it. We did not provide last names, we did not exchange telephone numbers or addresses or any other identifying data. 

Today, with one click -- seriously, one click -- but with very specific information into google, her son's "Linked In" account popped up. It included a photograph so I knew I had the right individual. From there I had the last name of the family. With one more click -- again, very specific information into google, and I found this woman's address.

Two clicks, that's all it took.


No comments:

Post a Comment