Thursday, September 9, 2021

White Privilege -- Sources

I have the privilege of being able to read graphs which help me make better investments for my family.

I have the privilege of being able to enjoy "Blues Guitar" without taking drugs.

I have the privilege of enjoying fine Scotch and not calling it a drug. 

I have the privilege of voting for an African-American for president (and who actually became president).

I have the privilege of voting for one of the worst presidents ever in the history of the United States. 

I have the privilege of knowing how to swim and enjoy the exercise immensely.

I have the privilege of watching my diet. 

I have the privilege of reading about white privilege in YES! magazine and sharing it with others.

I have the privilege of living in a 900-square-foot apartment in a non-descript suburb rather than a McMansion in west Hollywood.

I have the privilege of shopping at Target rather than Walmart. Unless I really need something hard to find. Then I have the privilege of shopping at Walmart. 

I have the privilege of knowing how to use the US Postal Service. 

I have the privilege of not texting if I don't want. 

I have the privilege to select whom I want to follow on Twitter. 

I have the privilege of not joining the military.

I have the privilege of not getting vaccinated.

I have the privilege of dropping off the grid.

I have the privilege of knowing how to cook.

I have the privilege of knowing where to find fresh vegetables.

I have the privilege of never smoking tobacco cigarettes.

I have the privilege of never getting a tattoo.

I have the privilege of not buying a Samsung cellphone. Thank goodness.

I have the privilege of an ability to critically read essays on "white privilege."

I have the privilege of knowing how to write a check.

I have the privilege of being able to follow instructions from others. Particularly senior military officers and law enforcement officers.

I have the privilege of knowing how to read the financial pages in any media. 

I have the privilege of knowing that "global warming" is a scam and will hurt the middle class more than any other socio-economic group, though the scam will keep poor people poor. 

I have the privilege of knowing which ethnic group is most affected by abortion as a means of birth control.

I have the privilege of being able to read books written for adults. 

I have the privilege of being able to converse without using the four-letter words that start with "f" and "c" and "s." 

I have the privilege of knowing how to "blog."

I have the privilege of being able to take my car to a reputable mechanic.

I have the privilege of not having to rely on public transportation. 

I have the privilege of being able to walk outside without a chip on my shoulder.

I have the privilege of dating anyone regardless of gender, race, religious affiliation (if any), sexual orientation .... and the list goes on.

I have the privilege of turning off the television set when any politician starts talking.

I had the privilege of holding a draft card during the Vietnam War; my sisters did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment