Thursday, September 30, 2021

Cross-Country Trip -- September 30, 2021


***************************
Cross Country Trip 

It wasn't quite across the whole country, but it was a ten-hour trip, straight through, stopping once for gasoline. 

It was 688 miles.

Google maps said it would take ten hours four minutes.

I left at 12: 20 p.m. and arrived at 10:32 p.m. (same time zone). 

There's nothing like a ten-hour drive to clear one's mind. I drove alone. 

I'm at my destination and will be here for three days. 

I used to take long bicycle rides to clear my mind but not so much any more. I used to take many cross country trips; not so much any more. 

It was great to be on the "open road" again. 

It's now too late to record my thoughts; I will do that over the next few days. 

A teaser: I had an "a-ha" moment and will post it later. There's a chance I will disappoint most of my readers but that's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment