Saturday, February 20, 2021

About Them Cowboys -- February 20, 2021

See: "about them cowboys."

 

From a reader:

I was drunk, the day my Mom got out of prison
(In Williston, North Dakota, a small town where the quality of life has been destroyed by the fracking boom)

And I went to pick her up in the rain
(Insert global warming, climate change, tree-hugging, whale-saving, polar ice cap melting mantras here)

But, before I could get her in my brand new pickup truck
(A stylish Tesla bought with EV credits)

She got run over by a damned old train
(Warren Buffet's a sly old fox to have bought BN and Barrack O.  He hauls shale oil at a higher price than a DAPL pipeline - oh and it's more dangerous)

So, I'll hang around as long as you will let me
(Jerry Jones never paid that kind of money - did you see the contract Tatis Jr. signed?  $300 million for a shortstop, for Gawd's sake)

I never minded standing in the rain
(Deadly acid rain - but not as deadly as a mild weekend in Chicago)

You don't have to call me darlin', darlin'

You never even called me by my name.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment